DUBAI AIRPORT DXB
Dubai Airport is the main airport in the United Arab Emirates. As compared to the rest of the world, the airport in Dubai is the largest and busiest when it comes to international flyers. In terms of total traffic, the airport is the third largest airport in the world. It also facilitates a fair amount of carge that go through the airport, serving as the sixth largest airport in the world when it comes to the amount of cargo flights.
Once at the airport, you’ll find three terminals with a huge range of shops, food and drink, and other services that will make your time there stress-free and fun. Whether you’re in the airport for a short time or several hours, the staff there will make sure you’re relaxed.
Dubai Airport is the busiest airport in United Arab Emirates with nearly 90 million passengers.
Dubai Airport opened in 1937 and is located 13 km (8 mi) from Dubai downtown.
There are three main passenger terminals at Dubai International Airport, all serving different airlines and with their own unique attributes for your needs.
– Terminal 1 is home to more than 60 airlines from around the world, and with a capacity of more than 20 million passengers per year it can handle a lot of traffic. It houses Concourse D. See more information
– Terminal 2 is currently undergoing construction to build a major expansion, which will double its current 5 million passenger per year capacity. It is home to Concourse A, B and C. See more information
– Terminal 3 with a capacity of 60 million passengers per year, is the primary terminal for Emirates Airlines and is the biggest airport terminal in the world. See more information
The airport offers simple connections available between all three terminals, so if you have time to kill at the airport and want to do some exploring, it’s easy to get from Terminal 1 to Terminals 2 and 3 by using the free shuttle bus service offered by the airport. The shuttle buses run 24 hours a day, seven days a week and pick up every 20 minutes. Expect your total journey time from one terminal to another to take roughly 5 to 10 minutes.
Lounges provide you with a luxury experience at the airport and they’re an important part of the flying process for many people. There are many VIP lounges offered at the Dubai International Airport. Here are some of the VIP lounges that are available at the Dubai International Airport:
- Ahlan Lounge
- Al Majis Lounge
- British Airways Lounge
- Business Class Lounge
- Dubai International Business Class
- Dubai International First Class
- Emirates Lounges
- First Class Lounge
- Gulf Air Lounge
- Lufthansa Lounge
- Marhaba Lounge
- SkyTeam Lounge
- Special Handling Lounge
- Unaccompanied Minor Lounge
There are several options for transport to and from the Dubai International Airport. The most common destination from the airport is Dubai, with Sharjah also being popular among tourists and those traveling to Dubai on business. You can also find transport to Abu Dhabi, which is the capital of UAE. The capital can be reahced in an hour by road and car.
– Taxi : Alternatively, there are reputable taxi companies that service the airport and will transfer you to your hotel or other final destination in Dubai. Once you’ve arrived and have collected your luggage, follow the signs for the taxi ranks to hail a ride. See more information
– Metro If you’re looking for a much cheaper option than car rentals or taxis, but still want a convenient ride, then you should consider taking the Metro train service into Dubai. This well-kept, efficient train service runs directly from the airport to the city on the Red Line. See more information
– Bus: Yet another low-cost option is to take one of the many buses that service Dubai International Airport to many stops in and around the city. Once you’ve arrived at the airport and have collected your luggage, follow the signs for the bus service. See more information
– Car rental: For a truly independent vacation, consider renting a car at the airport and driving to Dubai. Because you’ll be driving you can go at your own pace and the only costs you’ll pay are for the car rental and gasoline while you use the vehicle. See more information
There are many options for dining at the Dubai Airport. There are both fast food and fine dining options that you can eat at to fit your needs. Each Terminal has unique options for you, so if you don’t like what is in your terminal, you can always use the internal transportation system at DBX to go to another restaurant in another terminal to eat.
The Dubai International Airport has dozens of options for duty-free shopping that you can get souvenirs, apparel, and other luxury items at. The shopping at the airport is actually known to be even slightly better than the shopping that you can find within Dubai the city. You can find a lot of cheap alcohol in the duty-free stores near the baggage claim area. There are limits to how much alcohol you can buy at the shops within the airport.
Address: Dubai Airport, Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Phone: +971 4 224 5555 Available 24/7
IATA Airport Code: DXB
ICAO Airport Code: OMDB
Hub for: Emirates and flydubai